Generally, the Function keys have been developed and designed to execute particular actions on your laptop or PC. For instances, enable or disable Wi-Fi connection, modify the brightness of your screen, easily on or the sounds of your system, and many more. However, the function key always goes in the permutations with some other keys such as F1 to F12.
Unluckily, many users have reported that the Function keys stops working immediately after upgrading or installing the Windows with the latest versions. According to the recent surveys, it most frequently occurs in the HP, ASUS, Acer, Lenovo computers. This error is quite irritating and frustrating for the users, especially when they are working with their system. But don’t worry; we are providing you with the best effective solutions which will surely help you in fixing the issue. The steps are simple to follow and understand by users. The steps are discussed below.
Steps to Fix Functions Keys Not Working on Windows 10 PC
Before starting the process, we recommend you to follow the steps in a given sequence to void damages and protect yourself from unnecessary trouble. Also, perform a full system scan from any anti-malware or anti-virus software to detect that your computer is away from malware infections or not. Here how to do it:
Fix-1: Uninstall the Hotkeys Drivers
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows key, choose and click on the ‘Device Manager’ to launch it.
- Search for the suitable ‘Hotkey Driver’ for your PC, right-click on it to open it.
- After that, choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Then, look for the ‘HID Compliant Mouse and HID-Compliant Keyboard drivers.
- Next, right-click on the options and choose ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Once finished, restart the computer system.
Fix-2: ‘Turn On’ VAIO Event Service
- Click the Windows + R keys together to launch the Run command box on the screen.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key to continue the process.
- Now, search for the VAIO Event Service, double-click on it just to open it.
- After that, look for the Startup type section and then set it to the ‘Automatic’ mode.
- Next, click on the ‘Service Status’ option and once confirmed that it is started.
- Press the ‘Apply’ tab followed by ‘OK’ tab. To save all the changes to take effects.
- After completing the process, restarts your computer system to save all the changes to take effects.
Fix-3: ‘Turn Off’ Filter Keys
- Navigate towards the ‘Windows Search Section’ option.
- Now, search for the Control Panel and Click on it to open it.
- After that, launch the ‘Ease of Access Center’ option.
- Look for ‘Make the Keyboard Easier to Use’ option and hit on it.
- Next, seek out the ‘Filter Keys’ option.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Apply’ tab followed by ‘OK’ tab.
- Finally, restart the computer system and save all the changes.
Once all done, check that the functions keys are working properly or not.
Jeniffer Leio is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup .